Hawkins Cellars is a small winery with tasting room locations in both Underwood, WA and Dundee, OR. HC focuses on making a diverse selection of elegant wines from Viognier, Pinot Gris, Syrah, Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon.
As a small, growing winery we are frequently looking to add quality team members. Please see below for open positions. For occasional opportunities to help out in the Tasting Room, with Events, or during Harvest, please direct inquiries to email@example.com with a short cover letter outlining your interest.
Seeking Tasting Room Wine Steward/ Marketing Assistant
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual with the ability to provide exceptional service to our tasting room guests in Underwood and also assist in marketing efforts.
This position is part time, year-round, Thursday-Sunday, 20-30 hours per week, but has the potential to evolve to a full-time position for the right candidate by next summer. March-April and October-December periods will be marketing/administrative focused when our tasting room is only open Saturday and Sunday. May-September will be tasting room focused when the TR is open Thursday-Sunday, but will still offer regular marketing responsibilities.
An ideal candidate:
- Enjoys meeting and talking with people.
- Finds gratification in providing a great experience for newcomers and repeat guests alike.
- Has enthusiasm for wine and an interest in learning more and sharing information about wine.
- Is looking for an enjoyable job!
- Is professional, well-spoken, well-written and well-dressed.
- Has interest and experience in marketing.
- Harbors enthusiasm to help a small business grow.
- Opening and closing the tasting room according to procedure while maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and order.
- Providing a welcoming environment for all guests.
- Understanding our wines and pouring them for our guests while sharing information about them.
- Selling our products with enthusiasm and class.
- Executing accurate transactions on our POS system (Orderport).
- Focusing on the customer experience we provide and making continued effort to improve it.
- Assisting in developing marketing strategy.
- Executing marketing initiatives and promotions.
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, possible others).
- Sales and customer service experience (minimum 2 years).
- Marketing experience (minimum 2 years)
- Active social media presence
- Must be 21 years old or over and able to obtain a WSLCB Servers Permit.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs regularly and stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Must be willing to learn new skills and be open to adjusting to evolving consumer environment.
- Experience with wine and Orderport a plus.
- Bilingual a plus.
- $16 per hour, plus tips and wine club signup commissions during TR hours
- Bonus structure during off-season
- Flexible time off with advanced notice.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, letting us know why you believe you would enjoy working with the HC team.
This position is open until filled. Training to begin immediately.